Thursday, February 19, 2009

1st Try!!

OK so I have kinda got a new hobby.....making cakes! Haha I'm laughing at myself as I write this blog. So the other day we went and got decorations and stuff for Rheanne's 1st birthday party. When we got home Steven and I were talking and decided that I was going to try and make Rheanne's 1st birthday cake, so I get online and search some cakes and found the perfect one to try and make!So then I go to the store and buy everything I need. Things did not go good at all. Of course I try to make the most difficult cake my very first time. It was supposed to be a 3 layer cake and it only turned into about a 1 1/2 layer cake. Im sure it would have helped if I would have started it before 9:30 at night!! So here are a few pictures, I still have A LOT of practice to do before her party, I'm making another one tonight and I will let you know how it turns out!!
Work in progress, it was supposed to be 3 layers, but when I went to pick up the top layer it crumbled to pieces.This is the cake that I was trying to go by, it's perfect for her party.

NOW FOR MY CAKE............ARE YOU READY??? AND I PRESENT TO YOU MY CAKE!!!!
And there you have it......HAHA its horrible! It reminds me of a volcanoe, with all the lava running together!
This is Rheanne's party theme. Our little princess is turning ONE!

No comments:

Background