Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Letting Go...

I have such a hard time remembering that Steven Paul and Rheanne are not MY children, but that they are God's children. In my devotion today it talks about how we are supposed to let go on the day that our kids are born and give them to God. It states that our children are gifts from God, but they still belong to God. They are loaned to us for upbringing and nurturing in the Lord.I think that this statement sums it up best....Letting go means learning early to release out children and applaud each step they take away from us until, at last, they stand on their own with God.So just remember that your children are not YOUR children that they are God's children and he is giving you the privilege of raising them!Thank you God so much for blessing me with these two wonderful children and for allowing me to raise your children. I pray that they will walk with you everyday, and know how much you love them and that you are the one person who will NEVER hurt them. Amen

No comments:

Background